1. A barrister has right of audience in any court in England and Wales.
2. A lawyer shall not represent both parties involved in the same case.
3. A lawyer should assist in maintaining the integrity and competence of the legal profession.
4. A lawyer should assist in preventing the unauthorized practice of law.
5. A lawyer should assist the legal profession in fulfilling its duty to make legal counsel available.
6. A lawyer should avoid even the appearance of professional impropriety.
7. A lawyer should exercise independent professional judgment on behalf of a client.
8. A lawyer should preserve the confidences and secrets of client.
9. A lawyer should represent a client competently.
10. A lawyer should represent a client zealously within the bounds of the law.
11. Can you contact the solicitors representing the vendors?
12. Counsel is instructed to settle the defense.
13. Counsel for the plaintiff opposed the
defendant‘s application for an adjournment.
14. Counsel for the prosecution opened with a description of the accused’s family.
15. Counsel must not lead the witness.
16. Counsel pleaded the accused’s age in extenuation of his actions.
17. Counsel prevailed upon the judge to grant an adjournment.
18. Counsel questioned the reliability of the witness evidence.
19. Counsel raised a point of law.
20. Counsel stated that there was no case to answers, but the judge demurred.
21. Defense counsel made a speech in mitigation.
22. Defense counsel put his case.
23. He has set up in practice as a solicitor.
24. He is a partner in a law firm.
25. He was denied the right to see his lawyer.
26. Sound legal advice depends upon the lawyer being fully informed by the client.
27. The accused decided to dispense with the services of a lawyer.
28. The solicitor attempted to have the charge dropped.
29. The solicitor paid the fine on behalf of his client.
30. The solicitor sent an extract of the deeds.